Want to look dapper while sporting a beard? It’s not as tough as it sounds. While a beard comes with added maintenance responsibilities, a well-groomed beard can give you that look and confidence you have always wanted to carry when you enter a hall full of people. To make that possible you need to upgrade your grooming routine and you can do it with good quality beard oil.
Whether your beard is short and trim, long and wavy, or somewhere in between, each one needs some extra loving care. Like it or not, but your beard is a natural trap for all the dirt and bacteria in the environment. If you don’t want people to talk behind your back about your beard being as dirty as toilet, but compliment you instead for your shiny and stylish look, then you need to find the best beard oil on the market.
Buying guide for best beard oil
When you want to buy the best beard oil in the market, here are a few important things that you need to consider before placing the order.
- The first thing to consider is the list of ingredients as they have the power to break or make a product. Make sure you find a product that contains a balanced mix of carrier oils and essential oils. Look for names like jojoba oil, ginger oil, almond oil, castor oil, tea tree oil and more
- The second essential thing is the scent. You need to decide whether you want perfumed oil or a non-scented product. It depends mainly on your personal preferences
- If you have a sensitive skin you may want to look for oil that prevents fungal and bacterial infection or other types of skin infection
- If you want to fill patches and make your beard grow fuller then get a product that contains castor oil, coconut oil, or pine wood oils
- If you have a flaky beard and want to control beardruff then look for an oil that contains grape seed oil, coconut oil, or tea tree oil
With so many different brands and products on the market, it can be a tough decision to choose one from so many options. We have made your task easier by taking the guess work out of buying a beard oil. Here are our top 5 best beard oils to help you choose better.
|The Gentlemen’s Premium Beard Oil||$$$||4.4/5|
|V76 by Vaughn||$||4.3/5|
|Inglorious Fuzz Beard Oil By Inglorious Fuzz||$$||4.1/5|
|Rhett’s Beard Oil||$$$||4.7/5|
|Wild Willies Beard Oil for Men||$$||4.4/5|
|Remington BOFS1 Beard Boss Beard Oil||$||4.4/5|
|Spiced Sandalwood Beard Oil||$$||4.6/5|
|Honest Amish Beard Balm Leave-in Conditioner||$||4.3/5|
|Fragrance Free Beard Oil||$||4.6/5|
The Gentleman’s Beard Oil
The Gentleman’s Beard Oil is an organic product made from all-natural ingredients. The oil is hand crafted in the USA and it promotes growth of moustaches and beards. It contains jojoba oil that conditions and moisturizes the hair, making it soft and smooth. If you have always wanted to grow a beard but the itchiness pulls you back, then this beard oil will give you the freedom to grow a healthy beard.
The best thing about this oil is the light and non-greasy feel which ensures that your beard and the area around it stays hydrated without any oily feel. The oil also smells great and has a nice therapeutic effect on the user. All you need to do is dab a few drops of this beard oil on your palm and massage it on your beard and moustache.
The product comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. You can try the beard oil for 14 days to see if it works for you. If you are not satisfied, you may return the product and get your money back.
- Measures 4 x 4.2 x 4.2 inches
- Weighs only 3.2 ounces
- Hand crafted
- Made in the USA
- Organic beard oil
- Contains natural ingredients
- Dark amber glass
- Dropper cap
- Risk free
- This oil conditions the skin without making it greasy
- Prevents dryness and beardruff to give you smoother skin
- Oil contains natural and organic ingredients
- Good packaging and dropper-styled cap extends the shelf life of the product
- Stimulate hair growth making your beard look fuller
- Smells good like that of tea tree oil
Not everyone will like the smell of the beard oil
The Gentleman’s Beard Oil is just like its name suggests – for the well-groomed gentleman. It works as promised and helps in taming the unruly beard, making it soft and smooth. The product works as advertised and you can see the difference almost instantly after you apply the oil on your beard and moustache. We feel this beard oil works as expected and even surpasses our expectations with its risk-free money back guarantee. Overall, we find this product useful and reasonably priced.
V76 by Vaughn Beard Oil
The V76 collection by famous stylist Vaughn Acord is known for its connection with Hollywood celebrities. So, if you want to sport a stylish beard like a celebrity then you need something that is made by their stylist. The Vaughn Beard Oil stands second on our list of top 5 beard oils available on the market. Let’s find out what makes this grooming product so special.
Going in line with the V76 formulas, this beard oil is crafted with a lot of care and precision. It is purely vegan or vegetarian, cruelty free, gluten free, paraben free, petrolatum and mineral oil free. It also does not contain any harmful sulfates.
This is a powerful blend of safflower oil and saw palmetto. Safflower oil is known to prevent dryness and itchiness in the skin. It conditions the beard and moustache to give you a soft and smooth feeling. Saw palmetto helps in promoting the skin health and aids in hair growth while calming the skin and scalp at the same time.
This beard oil has the ability to soften rough and coarse beards. It conditions the hair follicles and gives a well-groomed appearance to the user.
- Measures 1.4 x 1.4 x 4.6 inches
- Dimension 4.2 ounces
- Made from natural ingredients
- Gluten free, sulfates and paraben free
- Vegan or vegetarian
- Petroleum and mineral oil free
- It has a solid consistency and deeply moisturizes the beard
- It has no harmful chemicals and contains only natural ingredients
- It does not feel oily or greasy on the skin
- Beard feels soft, neat and more presentable
- It prevents itchiness, dryness and makes your skin healthy
- It has a subtle fragrance that works like a light cologne
- Not all people like the smell
- Slightly expensive than the competitors
The V76 by Vaughn Beard Oil works like a leave-in conditioner without feeling oily or greasy. It doesn’t feel sticky but makes you look more presentable instead. It has a nice fragrance that most people will like as it has a subtle cologne effect. We like the fact that the product is free from harmful chemicals and contains only natural ingredients. The oil works as advertised by helping in hair growth and smoothing the skin beneath the beard. Overall, the V76 by Vaughn Beard Oil gets a thumps up for its consistent quality.
Inglorious Fuzz Beard Oil By Inglorious Fuzz
The Inglorious Fuzz Beard Oil is the new kid on the block but it has created quite a stir on the market. Let’s find out what’s the fuss all about. This product works both as a beard oil and conditioner to make your beard and moustache look fuller and healthier. If you have always wanted to grow a beard but the itchiness and dryness of skin gave second thoughts, then the Inglorious Fuzz Beard Oil can help you.
This powerful blend is made from organic, cold pressed and unrefined Moroccan argan oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E, aloe vera and chamomile oil. It is an all-natural preparation, free from chemicals and alcohol. It is purely organic and suitable for all skin types. The oil works from within to strengthen and moisturize the hair follicles. It softens the skin beneath the beard and gives you a smooth look. It treats brittle hair and calms the irritated skin to make you feel good.
The bottle comes with a dropper so you take only as many drops needed on your palm and rub it on your moustache and beard. This minimizes wastage and increases the shelf life of the product.
- Measures 1.8 x 2.2 x 4.5 inches
- Weighs 2.1 ounces
- Dropper-styled cap
- Natural and organic
- Alcohol free
- Non-greasy formula
- Unscented oil
- It promotes hair growth and makes your beard look fuller
- Does a good job in keeping the beard and mustache well-moisturized
- It works as a conditioner without feeling oily or greasy
- It gives a nice shine to the beard
- It suits all skin types, even sensitive skin
- Dropper cap ensures that you take only as many drops needed
- It works as expected
- Costs less than competitor products in the market
Smells like vegetable oil which may be a disappointment for some
The Inglorious Fuzz Beard Oil is a powerful and non-greasy blend of natural oils that aids in beard growth. It promises to make your beard look fuller and succeeds to achieve that to a certain extent. Although it does not dramatically fill in the patches but certainly gives your beard a denser appearance. After applying the oil on your beard and moustache, you can feel it getting irresistibly soft. It also keeps the skin and hair follicles moisturized all day. Thus, it offers good value for money.
Rhett’s Beard Oil
The Rhett’s Beard Oil is a unique blend of essential oils created by popular YouTube celebrities Rhett and Link. With this powerful beard oil, they hope to provide a solution to the common problems faced by men wanting to grow beards.
The product is made in the USA with high-quality standards. It contains an effective blend of apricot seed, grape seed, hemp seed, rice bran, glycerin fragrance oil, castor oil and grapefruit seed extract.
This unique beard oil sports a warm and woodsy feel. It provides a lot of benefits to the user. It aids in the growth of hair follicles so the beard grows faster. It moisturizes the skin to prevent itching and dryness. When applied on the beard and moustache, it makes the hair feel soft and smooth. Apart from giving a healthy glow to the beard, the oil also smells fantastic. The smell of sandalwood, citrus, and rosemary has a therapeutic effect on the user.
- Measures 1.2 x 1.2 x 3 inches
- Weighs 1.1 ounces
- Warm and woodsy
- Smells of citrus, sandalwood and rosemary
- Made in the USA
- Contains all-natural oils
- Beastly but balanced
- Gets easily absorbed into the skin to make it soft
- It works as an effective conditioner and moisturizer
- It aids in beard growth
- It reduces skin itchiness and dryness
- It smells great and gives a cologne effect to the user
- Beard feels more manageable and under control
- Beard grows faster and looks fuller when you apply this oil
- It strengthens the moustache and beard
- No dropper or pump
- Smell evaporates pretty fast
The Rhett’s Beard Oil is a well known brand and we think it has all that it takes to be one of the best beard oils. It takes only few drops of the oil to cover a short to medium beard and make it manageable. It not only moisturizes but also conditions and gives the beard a nice luster. If you want to be the alpha male and make heads turn wherever you go, this product should be in your grooming kit. Overall, we find this beard oil pretty impressive and worth the money.
The Manskape Wild Willie’s Liquid Gold Beard Oil
The Manskape Wild Willie’s Liquid Gold Beard Oil comes in a well-designed bottle with pump design. We appreciate the thoughtful design that helps in reducing wastage. The Wild Willie’s beard oil is an effective blend of ten effective carrier and essential oils, plus vitamin E. When applied on the beard and moustache, the oil helps in conditioning the skin and hair follicles.
As the oil is rich in vitamins, protein and minerals, it promotes hair growth, prevents premature graying and moisturizes the beard. It also prevents itchiness, dandruff and dryness of skin. The formula does not contain chemicals, preservatives or artificial colorants
The product is made in the USA and the company puts a lot of emphasis on customer satisfaction. They offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee; if you are not satisfied with the product, you can contact the customer support and they will assist you until you are happy.
- Measures 2 x 3 x 6 inches
- Weighs 2.1 ounces
- Pump design
- No wastage
- Easy to use
- Moisturizes beard and moustache
- Maximizes the results
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- 5 star customer service
- After applying oil, beard becomes neat and more manageable
- It improves the texture of beard
- It has a subtle smell that goes away after some time
- Oil feels light and it does not make your beard greasy
- It moisturizes beard and the skin beneath it
- One bottle lasts really long, thanks to the pump design that minimizes wastage
Oil smells like chemicals which may be unpleasant for some people
The Manskape Wild Willie’s Liquid Gold Beard Oil is a balanced mix of carrier oils and essential oils. You can feel the difference instantly after applying the oil on your beard and moustache. It can soften the coarsest hair and tame the roughest beard. The oil comes in a well-designed bottle with a pump system which minimizes wastage and earns an extra score. Overall, we feel this product deserves to be on the list of 5 best beard oils.
Although we find each of the 5 beard oils mentioned above is good enough, we think the V76 by Vaughn Beard Oil scores some extra points over others. We like the fact that it is vegan, gluten free, paraben and petroleum free. It has a nice smell that works like a cologne. You are sure to register your presence wherever you go. If you do not want your beard to carry a smell then you may opt for an unscented product such as the Inglorious Fuzz Beard Oil.
We feel it boils down entirely to your personal preferences. What smells good to you may not have a similar effect on others. There are some really good beard oils that smell like cleaning chemicals but that should not be a reason to not choose them; you can always mask the smell with a nice cologne.
The best beard oil should suit your skin, feel light and prevent acne, dryness, itchiness and dandruff. Make sure you read the customer reviews carefully before buying a product.